Sunday, April 13, 2014

Carrot Peach Muffins

When I am bored, I like to bake! I especially love trying to come up with new and healthy recipes! I used to bake a lot, but never actually eat any of what I made.  That has changed!!! ED used to never let me try the things I created.  Now, the recipes I come up with are so healthy and delicious, there is no way I am not going to enjoy them!! Today I couldn't decide what flavor muffins to make.  I had some canned peaches lying around so decided to try something with them...I give you Carrot Peach Muffin!!
I decided to throw in the carrot too because I thought just peach wasn't exciting enough!  These crazy healthy muffins now have a full serving of fruit and a full serving of vegetable!!

To make these you need...
No sugar added canned peaches, canned carrots, oat bran, egg substitute, cinnamon protein powder, apple cider vinegar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sweetener of choice. 
**You could also use fresh peaches or carrots.**
*Vanilla protein powder would work too*
*Oat flour or any flour instead of oat bran*
*Sub white vinegar for apple cider vinegar*

Puree your carrots and peaches.  If using fresh carrots, just steam them first.  
You could even use carrot and peach baby food!!

Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. 
Love these little bowls!! I don't always measure everything out seperate, but they look so cute in pictures :)

You are going to get 8 muffins!! Fill your muffins cups 3/4 of the way full. I highly recommend investing in some silicon baking cups!!! They are awesome! If you don't have any, regular liners will work.
I sprinkle some cinnamon/sweetener mixture on top to make them extra pretty and cinnamon-y...LOVE cinnamon!! Makes everything super tasty.

Pop them in the oven and wait...wait...wait...
Luckily they only take about 20 minutes to bake!! I like to think I am a very patient person, but not when my breakfast is in the oven!

Now I told you that this recipe makes 8 muffins.  Does that mean I am going to share?? Ha, NO! That is because all 8 muffins only has 260 calories! Yes, you can eat the whole batch! 
Most muffins purchased at a bakery or grocery store have more than that in just one muffin!! Who only wants to eat one muffin?! Lame!

These might be the moistest muffins I ever made! Seriously, they just melt in your mouth. 
Did I mention there is hardly any fat and about 30 grams of protein in these lovely little creations?

Not a huge fan of carrot or peach?! Not a problem.  You could use applesauce, pumpkin, mashed banana....Use any combination or just one flavor if you like.  I think I am going to try carrot banana next time!
I made a few batches to freeze.  That is going to make an awesome Monday morning breakfast!! 

 One more close up view! Yum!!! Go make them now! Then share this recipe with all your friends so they aren't jealous when they see you eating them :)
Enjoy!!

Carrot Peach Muffins


  • 1/2 c no sugar added canned peaches (120g)
  • 1/2 c canned carrots (120g)
  • 3 T egg substitute (46g)
  • 1/8 c oatbran (20g)
  • 1 scoop cinnamon protein powder (30g)
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t apple cider vinegar
  • 2 t cinnamon
  • dash salt
  • sweetener to taste


  • 1. Puree peaches and carrots.
    2. Add all other ingredients and mix.
    3. Fill muffins cups 3/4 way full.
    4. Top with cinnamon/sweetener mixture
    5. Bake at 350 20-25 minutes
    6. Eat them all yourself!!

    Makes 8 Muffins - 33 calories per muffin
    260 Calories for the WHOLE batch
    3F 28C 30P

    **Favorite muffin flavor??

    2 comments:

    1. I was searching for a recipe and came across this one. I am recovering from an eating disorder as well and was excited to see you talk about your recovery but then sad to see you so focused on the calories and other nutritional information in your baking. I hope you are now doing well, thank you for the recipe xox

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Definitely not focused on calories and nutritional information. I have lot of fitness competitors and people who track calories/macros so I include that information. Otherwise I get a ton of questions about the nutritional information.

        Delete