Friday, May 2, 2014

Jay Robb Protein Bar Review

I recently did a review on Jay Robb protein powder.  Such a great company, with amazing products!! For sure one of my favorite protein powders for baking, maybe even my most favorite! I have been a fan of Jay Robb for quite some time and I am shocked that I never knew they made protein bars too.  How was I missing out on such a great snack?! I was so excited that they sent me some to review :)
It's a good day when a package with that logo arrives at your doorstep.

The high protein bars come in three flavors.  Cashew coconut, fudge brownie, and peanut butter. 
I love how they are referred to as The "No Junk" Protein Bar. That is because they are made from the finest natural ingredients available! They have no soy protein, gluten, glycerin, marital, acesulfame-K, aspartame, fructose, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, evaporated cane juice, artificial sweeteners, casein, MSG or tans-fats.  Just like they say, no junk!!

I couldn't decide which one to try first so I cut them up into bite sized pieces so I could taste them all immediately! 
Lovely little sampler platter.

 Fudge brownie was nice and chocolatey.  Super chewy and just the right amount of sweetness.  
This bar has 220 calories 9F 25C 15P.
It was good just as is, but then I decided to have a little more fun with it.  
I topped it off with a little hazelnut spread, and had myself a super tasty treat!
This is a perfect dessert for me!

 I was very excited for the peanut butter one.  I LOVE peanut butter so I knew it was going to be good.  220 calories 11F 23C 14P. 
I love soft and chewy protein bars.  It really is the best texture in my opinion.  
These are made with all organic nut butters too :)

 I had a super wonderful idea to try with this flavor.  First, I warmed it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds.  Then I flattened it out to make it into a cookie.  Lastly, I smothered it with peanut butter!
Oh my goodness!!! This was so good! It was like a warm and gooey peanut butter cookie.  One that is packed with protein and actually healthy! 

Last, but certainly not least was cashew coconut. I like how the bars all have very similar macros.  This one has 230 calories 10F 25C 14P. 
I am usually not the biggest fan of coconut flavored stuff, but this was great!! I loved the taste of cashew in there.  What a wonderful combination.  
There are actually pieces of cashews and coconut in there! I ate some of this bar just out of the wrapper and then I warmed up some of it in the microwave.  It was beyond delicious! Seriously, if you don't warm up your bars, you need to start trying it! 

I highly recommend giving these a try! They are healthy, tasty, and quite affordable! Truly an amazing company with amazing products :)  Go order some here right now!
 I think I just might be Jay Robb's #1 Fan!!



1 comment: