Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Not many things taste better than a cold and creamy ice cream blizzard on a hot summer day.  While there is absolutely nothing wrong enjoying a DQ frozen treat, it isn't really something you will want to eat everyday...I am going to show you a super tasty Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard that you can eat everyday without guilt! 
Looks pretty awesome right?! I bet you can't even tell that it is low fat and high protein! 

I combined two of my favorite products from two of my favorite companies for this bowl of yum.
Quest and MTS! High protein peanut butter cups and extra protein from peanut butter fluff whey. 

You will need a few other ingredients as well.
Of course you need the ice cream, but Reddi Whip and chocolate sauce are completely optional.  I am using Turkey Hill no sugar added Vanilla Bean ice cream.  Highly recommend this brand! It doesn't taste low sugar or fat free at all!

Open up your peanut butter cups.  I know it will be hard, but don't eat them yet!!
Side note...these are great on their own right out of the freezer!

Chop them up!
I like really big chunks, but make them whatever size you want.  

You could just add one peanut butter cup, but I used both for my blizzard.
I guess you could add one and eat one...so good!

Serve up the ice cream!
One serving is all I needed.  You could use any flavor too! Try a chocolate peanut butter blizzard!

Add 1/2 scoop protein powder to the ice cream and mix it up.  The protein makes the blizzard extra thick! I love having one of these after a workout! 
Stir in the peanut butter cup chunks and stick back in the freezer for a bit.

Get whatever toppings your little heart desires! I kept it somewhat simple with the Reddi Whip and sugar free chocolate syrup.
Yea, it tastes as good as it looks! This bowl of peanut butter protein goodness is much better for you than any blizzard you will buy at a fast food restaurant!

Make sure you get some of everything in each bite!
YUM!!

Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard
  • 1 package Quest Peanut Butter Cups
  • 1/2 scoop MTS peanut butter fluff whey (15g)
  • 1/2 cup fat free vanilla bean ice cream (68g)
  • 1 T sugar free chocolate syrup (7g)
  • 2 T fat free Reddi Whip (5g)
  1. Chop up peanut butter cups and set aside.
  2. Mix together protein powder and ice cream.
  3. Stir in peanut butter cup chunks. 
  4. Put in freezer for a bit to let it set up.
  5. Add whatever toppings you like or just eat as is!!
Blizzard with toppings
380 calories
18g Fat
33g Carb
34g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment