Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Vitalicious

I love breakfast foods...bagels, pancakes, waffles, eggs, and muffins! Some may disagree, but I strongly believe that you can enjoy these foods at any time of the day! Pancakes for lunch? Yes! Eggs for dinner? You bet!

Given my love for breakfast type foods, you can only imagine my excitement when a big box of VitaTops arrived at my door!
VitaTops are just one of the many products that Vitalicious carries.  They also have regular muffins, cakes, brownies, mixes, pizzas, and sandwiches.

In case you haven't heard of VitaTops before, they are like muffins, but only the tops! Duh, the best part of the muffin! Genius!  They sent me all kinds of goodies to try and review.  Good thing I was hungry!
I got to try 4 flavors of VitaTops and 2 flavors of the mini VitaCakes.  

I was already in love with these treats because they come in a box that says "store in freezer".  Why does that excite me? Well, I hate when I buy baked goods like muffins or cakes from a store and they go bad so quickly.  
These are all packaged individually so you can just take one or two out of the freezer when you want! The rest will keep frozen and fresh for a very long time.

You can let them thaw by sitting out, microwave for a few seconds, or toast them!
Toasted muffin tops! So good!

The Wild Blueberry was one of my favorites.  I loved all the blueberries and crumbles on top!
I ate this one after just letting it thaw on the counter for a bit.  So soft and such a great flavor!

Calling all chocolate lovers! Deep Chocolate! That's right, not dark chocolate or double chocolate, but Deep Chocolate!
This was basically like eating a chocolate chip brownie! Except this brownie is only 100 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 26 grams of carb, and 4 grams of protein.  Plus, all Vitalicious products are Kosher certified and all natural with no artificial additives or preservatives.

Speaking of brownies...
These mini VitaCakes are basically like a soft chocolatey brownie but much better for you! They are only 50 calories a piece too! I definitely did not just have one! Fudgy Chocolate and Chocolate Rasberry. Yum!

They were both very tasty but I really liked the Fudgy Chocolate one. The raspberry one was very similar but with a nice fruity flavor too. 
So many chocolate chips packed into one cake! These are excellent warmed up in the microwave for a couple seconds.  I plan on putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream on one for dessert very soon! VitaCake al a mode! 

I was very excited to try the Chocolate Peanut Butter top! Just about anything containing peanut butter is going to get a thumbs up from me!
Two thumbs up! I also microwaved this one and the peanut butter chips got all melty...It was so soft and chocolatey and simply delicious! 

Last but not least was a good old Chocolate Chip top.  You really can't go wrong with such a classic flavor.  Especially when you put that many chocolate chips in something!
This was really good toasted!! I just love the convenience of these too! 

Having them be packaged individually makes them perfect for tossing in my lunchbox. I have mentioned before that I always pack my food for work.  In case you were wondering, I am a nanny :) Notice my Tinkerbell tuperware...
I love that I can take them right out the freezer, toss them in my lunchbox, and they are thawed and ready to eat when I get hungry! Only one problem...the kiddos see me eating them and want some for themselves! Can you blame them?? Now I know to always pack extra!

I also always take snacks with me when I am going on a road trip.  Short or long, I never leave the house without a snack! You just never know when hunger will strike.
Take a VitaTop that may still be slightly frozen, place it on the dash in the sun, and you have yourself a warm and healthy snack in no time!

Clearly these are great just out of wrapper, microwaved, and toasted...but there is much more you can do with them!!  I have confessed to my peanut butter obsession in the past...
Uh yea...this was heavenly...

Chocolate Peanut Butter VitaTop, slightly warmed, with a big glob of peanut butter!
Awesome snack, breakfast, or dessert! 

I also have a slight obsession with cream cheese.  I put that stuff on everything! I knew it was going to be fantastic with the Wild Blueberry VitaTops!
I love being right! Kinda like a bagel, but much better!! Most bagels will run you about 350 calories...both of these VitaTops are only 200 calories! Add a little fat free cream cheese and you got yourself one tasty breakfast for only about 250 calories! 

I cannot say what my favorite flavor is because there are still so many more I need to try!! These were all amazing but the VitaTops also come in flavors like Banana Chocolate Chip, Carrot Cake,  Triple Chocolate Chunk, Mint Chocolate Chip, Apple Crumb, Golden Corn, Banana Nut, Blue Bran, Cran Bran, Deep Chocolate Pomegrante, and even Sugar Free Velvety Chocolate!!
Now you see why I cannot choose a favorite just yet!

I definitely plan on doing some more taste testing in the future! I think Carrot Cake and Apple Crumb are calling my name...
Many grocery stores sell Vitalicous products in the freezer section.  You won't get all the variety though so I suggest checking out the Vitalicious site and ordering some online!

No comments:

Post a Comment