Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am so in love with super easy AND super healthy recipes lately.  I recently posted my easiest cookie recipe ever.  I stand by the fact that it is the easiest EVER! This might be second easiest though.  Equally yummy and healthy! Get ready for some cookies!
I have been looking for new breakfast ideas lately and these are perfect.  They are so great to throw in a little bag and take with you to work or school or just to the couch while you sip coffee! Very easy to customize too.  You can make a single serving or a big batch to share.  

This is all you will need. And actually, you don't even really need the cinnamon or chocolate chips. They are super good with them though.   

Simply mix together 3/4 cup canned pumpkin and 3/4 cup quick oats.  Notice the handy dandy 1:1 ratio?! You can make more or less, just keep the amount of pumpkin and oats the same.
Mash it up good.  Feel free to get messy with your hands or stay clean with a spoon.

Here is where you can get a little crazy.  Feel free to add basically anything you want! Raisins, nuts, spices, chocolate, some protein powder... I kept it simple with some a lot of cinnamon and just a bit of chocolate... I also snuck in a few splenda packets...  
I bet white chocolate chips would be amazing!!! Making a note to try next time. 

Using these measurements you will get about 10 cookies.  Roll into balls and smash em down a bit.  
You can put them really close together on the pan because they won't rise or spread at all!
Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes.  I only did 12 minutes because I like my cookies really soft.

And done!! They pretty much look exactly the same as they did in dough form.  Just a bit darker.  They are so soft and moist from the pumpkin.  I will make a few batches of these to freeze.  The entire batch is only 370 calories! Makes a nice breakfast to take on the go1

At only about 37 calories each (with 1 T chocolate chips) you can eat more than one all of them! No guilt!
 So that's it.  I would say second easiest cookie recipe ever! Healthy, tasty, easy, portable, customizable...what more could you want in a cookie?!

Pumpkin Cookies
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup quick oats
  • 1 T mini chocolate chips
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • sweetener if desired
  1. Mash together pumpkin and oats
  2. Add any additional ingredients you want! You can even leave out the chocolate chips and cinnamon for an even easier recipe
  3. Roll into balls and flatten
  4. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes (use parchment paper or baking mat)
  5. Enjoy!
Makes 10 small cookies
Entire batch - 370 calories
9F 66C 12P

3 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin and I love easy recipes... these sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep these types of recipes coming Kim! Love them! Deb Seyler

    ReplyDelete