Sunday, May 19, 2013

Experimental recipe success!!

I was in the mood for baking so I started browsing recipes on Pinterest. I found a simple, yummy looking one, but thought I could make it even better with a few changes. I was right!! Peanut Butter Nutella Blossoms :)


The recipe didn't call for peanut butter, but let's face it, peanut butter makes everything better!! 

It is a very simple recipe... Mix together 1 cup nutella ( I did 3/4 nutella 1/4 peanut butter ) 1 egg, 1 cup flour, and 1/2 cup sugar. 


Another change...try 1/4 cup white sugar ad 1/4 cup brown sugar.


This stuff makes the cookies more moist and chewy.

I find it easier to mix by hand. Or should I say with hand!


Next I decided to roll them in sugar and turn them into blossoms. About 2T worth of dough.


Press them down a little or they wont get done in the middle.


Ready to bake. 350 for about 11-13 minutes.

While baking I got the candy ready. Usually for blossoms you just use Hershey Kisses but I thought mini peanut butter cups would be even better. I was right again!


Here is a little budget savvy tip-if you only need enough candy for a batch of cookies and don't want to spend $4.50 on a whole bag, just buy it at the bulk section. All this candy only cost me $.90!

Press candy into cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.


I love how the candies start to melt!


Even got to use my new cooling rack. Yum!



And if you can't decide which to try, just have both!


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment