Monday, September 15, 2014

Quest Rice Crispy Treats!

I remember making Rice Crispy Treats as a kid all the time! I still make them with the kiddos I nanny for, but don't eat four or five bars like I used to! I decided to come up with a little healthier version of this childhood treat so I could still enjoy them without the guilt!
Since I didn't want to use an entire bag of sugary marshmallows half a stick of butter, I needed to come up with something to replace those ingredients with...Quest Bar to the rescue!!

Only two ingredients! That is less than what you need for the original recipe.
Puffed Rice cereal and a Cinnamon Roll Quest Bar.  That's it!!
*Get creative!! Try different cereal / bar combos*

First microwave the Quest Bar for about 10 seconds to get it nice and soft.  Break it up into little pieces, put it in a bowl. 
And add a little bit of water (about 1 Tablespoon) Microwave 10 seconds, stir, microwave 10 seconds, stir...
Until you get it to this consistency.  

Stir in your cereal.  
Make sure you get it mixed up really well!

You will want a pretty small container.  I just used some tupperware.  Spray your container with a touch of non stick spray and press the cereal in there. 
Feel free to use two or three bars to make more bars! I consider this one serving.

Place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to let the bar set up.
And there you have it!
Two big rice crispy treats that are not full of sugar and butter!

Both bars are only 230 calories! 
Because of the Quest Bar, they also contain 21 grams of protein.  Great pre or post workout!

I think next time I will use a Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar to make chocolate treats!
The possibilities are endless! 

Rice Crispy Treats
  1. Unwrap Quest Bar, place on microwave safe plate, and microwave 10 seconds
  2. Break bar into little pieces, put in a bowl, and add 1 T warm water
  3. Stir, microwave 10 seconds, stir, microwave til bar is dissolved
  4. Stir in cereal 
  5. Lightly coat your dish and press in bar mixture
  6. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes
  7. Enjoy!
Makes 2 Bars
230 calories for both
 6F 38C 21P

Check out my recipe video too!

1 comment:

  1. wow awesome recipe post i got to try this one i have these quest bars iand im trying to find ways to use them i dont like to eat them palin

    ReplyDelete