Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Manbake

Protein bars make up a very big part of my diet.  Maybe a little too big of a part...but that's not important now... I just love them! Convenient, portable, easy, prepackaged, high protein, and if you find the good ones, healthy and tasty!

I was seeing some bars by a company called Manbake all over Instagram and knew I had to try some!
I was very excited when they send me 10 bars to taste and review!

Before the tasting party can begin, I had to check out the nutritional stats.  
I like my bars to have around 20 grams of protein.  Check! 
The macros vary slightly but the bars are 160-190 calories 5F 24C 20P.
Doesn't hurt that they are also gluten free and paleo friendly!

I would absolutely consider these a healthy protein bar.  Most of Manbake's recipes contain chia seeds, flax seeds, and hemp.  Super foods! They also use lots of different nuts and seeds instead of sugars and preservatives.  
They even have a vegan friendly bar! I decided to try the Mocha Fudge first.  This bar also contains some caffeine for an extra energy boost!

As soon as I tore through the wrapper I smelled chocolate and coffee! I checked in the ingredients and they even use real coffee. 
I was pleasently surprised to find whole almonds throughout the bar.  The bar was slightly soft and chewy.  This bar was not very sweet at all.  I could really taste the coffee.  I am not a huge fan of coffee flavored things, but if you are, this might be a good flavor for you to try. 

Let's try something a little fruity!
I must warn you...I am not a huge fan of fruit flavored things...I love fruit, but I usually don't really like fruity flavored things like yogurt, ice cream, granola bars, candy, cereal...

I went into it with an open mind! 
I actually kinda liked it! Same soft, chewy texture.  There were tiny bits of strawberry swirled throughout.  I like that there wasn't huge chunks of strawberries, but some strawberry essense.  Strawberry essence?? Ya, sure... 

Sticking with the fruity-ness...
Apple Pie is quite delicious! It is one of the fruity desserts I actually like.  Can't go wrong with cinnamon and apples.  

It smelled fantastic!! Just like apple pie from the oven.  
Loved this one!! The bar was pretty smooth.  No real chunks or anything.  I don't know how they got so much apple cinnamon flavor in there, but they did real good with this one!

I took the other Apple Pie bar to the soccer fields.
Let it sit in the sun for a few minutes to get really soft...heavenly!! It really was like warm, gooey apple pie!

I decided to have some fun with the Double Chocolate Chip bar.  
I see little chocolate chips hiding in there!

The texture of this bar is cookie dough-ish I figured...
Why not turn it into actual cookies!!

I microwaved the bar for 10 seconds, broke it into little pieces, formed tiny cookie dough balls, and baked them at 350 for 5 minutes.
Ta-Da!! Itty Bitty Cookies!!! These were not quite as sweet and chocolatey as I would have liked, but still pretty tasty.  I have baked other bars into cookies before and is my absolute favorite way to eat them!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough was up next so I HAD to try more cookies!
This bar was much softer than the Double Chocolate Chip.  

So they spread a lot more when baked. 
Next time I need to use a bigger baking sheet and spread them out.  
But they tasted amazing!! Slightly crunchy and then just melted in my mouth!

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar was by far my favorite!
I tried the other one right out of the wrapper.  Literally tasted like the raw slice and bake cookie dough you buy at the store.  Only this is good for you!!

I work as a nanny and sometimes it can be hard to always sit down and eat when and what I want. 
These bars are a perfect snack to toss in my bag for when hunger strikes! 

Would I recommend Manbake bars?!
Yes!! With all the different flavors, I am sure you will find one that suits you!
You can buy right from their website or check and see if they are sold in stores near you.  Manbake also carries a line of nut butters that all sound fabulous.  

Be sure to check out Manbake on your favorite social media sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment