Sunday, August 17, 2014

Zing Bars

I am on a mission to try all the different brands of protein bars! Next up - Zing Bars
I got to choose four different flavors to try and review.  It was not an easy decision! There are flavors like Chocolate Coconut, Dark Chocolate Hazelnut, Coconut Cashew Crisp, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Double Nut Brownie, Cranberry Cashew, and more!

I chose Chocolate Coconut, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, and Dark Chocolate Sunflower Mint.
They have 3 flavor profile of bars which include chocolate covered, soft cookie, and fruit & nut.  They also use 3 different protein sources.  These include brown rice protein (vegan), pea protein (vegan), and whey protein.  They are all gluten free, with no preservatives and no synthetic vitamins and minerals. 

I have said it before and I will say it again...it is easy to make a "healthy" protein bar...
Making it taste good too is the real challenge! 

 First up was the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.  This is considered one of the soft cookie bars.  
I loved the texture! Soft and slightly chewy with lots of chocolate chips and oatmeal pieces.  

The taste was really great! It had the perfect sweetness without tasting artificial.  The sweetness comes from all natural ingredients like pecans, sunflower seeds, and cinnamon.  
This bar comes in at 210 calories 9F 25C 10P.  

Let's switch it up with a bar covered in chocolate! 
Dark Chocolate Coconut contains 210 calories 10F 25C 10P.  

If you like coconut, and you like chocolate, you will love this bar!
The chocolate has a great flavor and the bar is nice and soft.  My favorite so far!

You really can't go wrong with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, right?!
Soft cookie texture again.  Very very good!! I could really taste the peanut butter and it had just enough chocolate chips throughout the bar.  Similar macros here with 210 calories 9F 25C 10P.  

Dark Chocolate Mint was saved for last.  Covered in that smooth chocolate once again.  
I could really smell the mint and was hoping for an Andes Mint or Thin Mint Cookie taste.  

Unfortunately I was quite disappointed with this flavor.  At first it tasted good, but then it had almost an alcohol flavor to it.  It might have been from the natural mint oil? 
I don't always love the chocolate/mint combo, so I had my husband try it too.  Sadly, he was not a fan either :(

I really enjoyed three out of the four bars!! I absolutely want to try more flavors because I think the people at Zing are really onto something here!
Overall, I love the texture of these bars.  With the exception of the mint one, the flavors were great! I wish they had a little more protein, but 10 grams is still quite good for a bar this size.  I also love the fact that they are gluten free and have vegan options.  

I decided to have a little more fun with the rest...
I loved cutting half of the Dark Chocolate Coconut into bite sized pieces.  It seemed to last longer this way and was a perfect little chocolate treat.  

Half Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and half Oatmeal Chocolate Chip into the microwave for 10 seconds.  
It was like warm cookie dough! This was awesome!! I loved how the little chocolate chips got all melty.  

Take some of those bite sized pieces, place them into the freezer for a few minutes, and you have yourself a super tasty chocolate treat! 
This is now my favorite way to eat Zing Bars! 

Would I recommend Zing Bars??? Yes! With all the different flavors, I am sure you will find some that are perfect for you.  
I have seen Zing Bars at some local grocery stores, Whole Foods, and some specialty stores.  Try using their store locator to find them in stores near you.  You can also just order some online

There is one really really bad things about these bars...
Eating the last of them...

Be sure to check out Zing Bars on all your favorite social media sites! 

1 comment:

  1. I truly think you WILL try all of the protein bars out there! You have to have made a dent by now, too!! These look really good!

    ReplyDelete