Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Squarebar

It is no secret that I have a slight protein bar obsession! I eat at least one a day and love trying new kinds.  I kept seeing Squarebar posts on Instagram and was becoming very curious! I simply had to try these bars! I was so excited when a package of samples arrived at my doorstep.
I have tried so many different protein bars and most of them have been very delicious.  The hard part is finding bars that are yummy AND healthy! It is easy to make a bar taste good, but making it good for you too can be tough! 

Before even opening the bars, I knew they got the "good for you" part accomplished! These bars are all organic, gluten free, no refined sugar, no GMO's, and soy free.  Ok ok...BUT, do they taste good?! 

Let the tasting begin!!  The bars come in 3 flavors.  Cocoa Almond, Cocoa Coconut, and Cocoa Crunch.  I am very indecisive so I just closed my eyes and grabbed one!

Cocoa Almond was up first.  This bar has 210 calories, 10g fat, 19g carb, and 12g protein. 
I was happily surprised that the entire bar was covered in chocolate! 

Wow! Squarebar did it! Healthy and extremely tasty! I honestly felt like I was eating a chocolate candy bar. 
A nice little crunch from the chocolate and then the inside is like a chewy brownie.  I was getting really excited to try the other two flavors.

Cocoa Crunch was up.  200 calories, 9g fat, 20g carb, and 12g protein.
One of my favorite ways to eat protein bars is to cut them up into little bite sized pieces.   
It seems like they take longer to eat this way and I can savor every morsel. Perfect little snack!
This was even better than the first one! Once again, completely covered in a nice chocolate shell.  The inside was a soft and chewy texture which, by the way, is my favorite texture for protein bars.  There was also little crunchy rice crispy like pieces.  The name absolutely fits! Cocoa Crunch!! So fantastic! 

 I was at work when I decided to try the last flavor, Cocoa Coconut.  I work as a nanny so I got to enjoy this bar by the pool :) This flavor has 220 calories, 11g fat, 18g, carb, and 11g protein. 
I had to be sneaky because if the kiddos saw me eating it, they would think I was eating a candy bar and want it for themselves! Sorry...I am very selfish when it comes to my protein bars!

Goodness gracious yum!! I love how all the bars have the perfect smooth chocolate coating.  I just had to eat it fast because it was starting to melt in the hot sun! Not a problem...
Little bits of coconut throughout gave it a great flavor!! The bar was once again that wonderful soft and chewy texture that I love!  I would have to compare it to a chocolate covered brownie! Except way better for you! That last bite was perfection! But then I got really sad...realizing that was the last of the Squarebars :( 
Not to worry!!! You can find these bars at Whole Foods, some local grocery stores, specialty stores like GNC and The Vitamin Shoppe, and of course online!
I may be making a trip to Whole Foods soon! Like tomorrow!! 
Would I recommend these bars?! Yes!
Will I be eating them again very very soon?! Yes!
Am I extremely thankful for Squarebar's generosity and support?! YES!

Check out Squarebar on all your favorite social media sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment