Monday, July 28, 2014

NuGo

Who loves protein bars?! This girl! I have challenged myself to try all the different flavors and brands that are out there! This is not an easy task.  There must be hundreds of different bars on the market today.  I sure have been having fun with the protein bar tasting parties though.  

I have heard a lot about the company NuGo.  I actually had one of their bars before and it was amazing! It was a Sea Salt Pretzel bar from their Dark line of bars.  They have seven different kinds of bars.  Dark, Organic, Free, Slim, Stronger, Family, and Smarte Carb.  No matter what your dietary needs, NuGo has a bar for you! They are also the only company to coat their bars in REAL dark chocolate.  Other companies substitute palm oil for natural cocoa butter which can add a waxy texture. 
I contacted the company and they suggested I try some bars from the Slim line.  It was really fun because they sent me coupons so that I could go pick them out for myself.  Plus, we didn't have to worry about the chocolatey goodness melting in the back of a hot UPS truck!!
The Slim bars come in five different flavors.  Rasberry Truffle, Brownie Crunch, Roasted Peanut, Espresso, and Crunchy Peanut Butter.  The NuGo Slim bars have 15-17g of protein, 7g of fiber, and only 2-3g of sugar with no malitol. The line is gluten free and features two vegan flavors! (Espresso and Crunchy Peanut Butter) 

I decided to try the Espresso bar first.  I couldn't think of a better way to enjoy this bar other than with a cup of coffee!
Completely covered in real dark chocolate! In case you were wondering, I am a very big fan of dark chocolate.  

This bar had a great coffee flavor, but it wasn't too overwhelming.  Nice and smooth.
Little crispy pieces all throughout the bar gave it the perfect crunch.  This was a great start to my day!

Snack time.  
Since I was trying the Rasberry Truffle bar, I figured it would go great with some more fruit! 

I am not gonna lie, I am usually not a big fan of the fruit/chocolate combo...I was a little worried...
NuGo did good with this one! I could definitely taste the raspberry flavor, but it was not too strong.  I still got to enjoy the wonderful dark chocolate.  

Chocolate break time! I knew the Brownie Crunch bar was going to be extra chocolatey! 
I was right! 

This was so good, especially if you are a chocolate lover.  There were little crunchy bits and chocolate chips all covered in that amazing smooth dark chocolate.
I really love how these bars are chocolatey, but they are not overly sweet.  Simply perfect!

I was saving the two I was most excited about for last.  
I am not at all ashamed of my peanut butter addiction! 

 Crunchy Peanut Butter was up. 
I decided to munch on some actual crunchy peanuts while taking pictures.  It just seemed fitting :)

Oh goodness! This bar still had the crunchy pieces inside, but the rest was a little bit softer.  
Something about chocolate and peanut butter...such an amazing combo!  This was hands down my favorite one so far!

 I don't know...can the Roasted Peanut beat the Crunchy Peanut Butter bar?!
Ah, I just can't choose! I loved the texture of this one.  Even softer inside which I really enjoyed.  The perfect little crunch and all that dark chocolate.  I am gonna have to call it a tie!! Peanut Butter bars for the win!

These will absolutely be a new part of my diet.  I never go anywhere without at least one protein bar just in case hunger strikes.
I think these will be making a frequent appearance in my bag!

 Did I mention these are a great snack to toss in your gym bag too?!
With 15-17 grams of protein, they are great pre or post workout!

 I would absolutely recommend you give these bars a try! I am so glad I got the chance to try all five flavors from the Slim line.  I am looking forward to trying more flavors in the very near future!
NuGo bars are sold all over the US and Canada in many local grocery stores. You can also find them at Whole Foods and specialty stores like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. Use their store locater to find NuGo bars near you! 

 Even Satchmo the cat enjoys NuGo Slim bars!
Ok...so maybe she just enjoys the sound and feel of the wrapper...either way...

 Follow NuGo on all your favorite social media sites!!
Pinterest
Read and sign the petition by NuGo Nutrition to create a FDA standard for dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment