Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cinnamon Protein Muffins

Muffins are delicious! There is really no arguing that.  I wouldn't even say it is my opinion.  It is a fact!! I mean seriously...there are so many different flavors, they are great for on-the-go, and they taste awesome! But, muffins are not usually the best thing for you. Most are about as unhealthy as a donut!  Not anymore though.  I have given these muffins a makeover.  These cinnamon muffins are less than 45 calories each! You can have 6 muffins for about 260 calories.  If you have any doubt about how great muffins are, you need to try these! I think you will change your mind :)
YUM! I would have to say cinnamon muffins are my favorite! It's like having dessert for breakfast.

Ingredients needed are cinnamon protein powered, nonfat greek yogurt, egg substitute, oat bran, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and sweetener.
 **You could also use vanilla protein powder**

Just dump all your ingredients in one bowl and mix it up.  You could also mix this up in a protein shaker bottle.  That would get all the protein powder chunks out and then you can pour the batter straight from the bottle. I don't know why I didn't think to do that earlier...

You will want to use some kind of muffin liner.  I love the silicon ones! Paper or foil ones will work just as good. Fill the cups about 3/4 of the way full.
Got my handy dandy notebook in the background.  I am always making notes on my recipes until they turn out just right! I am just a tiny bit of a perfectionist...

Top the muffins with some cinnamon/sweetener mixture for an extra sweet crunch.
Bake at 350 for about 28 minutes.  

 Stick a toothpick in the middle of one and if it comes out clean, they are done.
Look at the cinnamon crunch on top! De-lish!! 

These freeze great so make a bunch ahead of time and just throw them in your lunch bag for work!  They make a great breakfast or snack.  These muffins are also packed with 40 grams of protein so they will keep you going.  I love having them after an early morning swim to get me going for the day.
Enjoy :)

Cinnamon Protein Muffins
  • 1 scoop cinnamon protein powder (30g)
  • 3 T egg substitute (46g)
  • 1/2 c non fat plain greek yogurt (110g)
  • 1/8 c oat bran (20g)
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • sweetener to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

Makes 6 muffins - 45 calories each
260 calories for the whole batch
3g Fat
18g Carb
40g Protein

What is your go-to breakfast when you're in a hurry??













No comments:

Post a Comment