Sunday, December 30, 2012

So much to say



Since I am just getting started with this, I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a few posts on the same day.  So in case someone does stumble upon this blog, there is something to look at.

Yesterday the hubby and I were having fun with the new camera while we tried some New Year's recipes.  Let's just say the pictures turned out better than the treats...

First we decided to try making Champagne Jello Shots.  Sounds delish right?! We mixed up the jello and champagne, and poured it into ice cube trays as directed.  

So far so good!

The jello was ready! However, we could not get the cubes to come out...We did our best.   The recipe then said to top the jello cubes with PopRocks.  How fun?! It's a party in your mouth :) 

I had to test the PopRocks to make sure they worked...They did!

Anyway...they didn't turn out so well :(  Thanks a lot Pinterest!
Here is what ours looked like...
Here is what they were supposed to look like... EPIC fail!!

It's ok though, we had fun and still ate some of them! They tasted a lot better than they looked.

Jim tasted them first

The champagne taste and the "POP" is definitely interesting.

Since that was such a fail, we decided to try another recipe.  My mother in law made some awesome pudding shots for Christmas.  We decided to try and recreate them, but with different flavors. (and of course using skim milk and sugar free pudding) First we tried butterscotch pudding with butterscotch schnapps. I never thought I would say this but TOO MUCH butterscotch!!

Jim got very creative with the photography!

We also attempted sugar free vanilla pudding with vanilla vodka, and then with raspberry vodka.  They were inedible...YUCK

Jim just wanted to call his mom and get her recipe.  I was determined to make a new flavor combo! So this morning I tried one last time. I tried vanilla pudding with butterscotch schnapps.  I thought they were pretty darn good! Jim wasn't a huge fan.
There are only 4 in the picture because I ate some!

So after all of our failed attempts at a New Year's recipe, we just decided to play Call of Duty and kill zombies til midnight...

Notice the pink controller?! Gift from the husband :)


Oh, and of course the animals joined us...
Such a Snuggle Puggle.
They love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment