Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'd Like to Introduce Myself


My name is Kim.  I am extremely new to blogging! I thought it might be a nice hobby and a good way to share picture, recipes, ideas, etc.  Let's see how it goes...

A little about me to start...I am 27, recently married, and live in Pittsburgh with my husband, 2 kitties, and 1 adorable puggle.

Sadie
Satchmo and Ella
Wedding Day 
I work full time as a nanny and absolutely love it! When people ask me what I do and I reply "I am a nanny" I often find that my response needs an explanation.  People will then ask "Are you still in school?" "What career are you pursuing?" "So...you're a babysitter!?" I simply explain that I am not still in school, I graduated from IUP about 6 years ago with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education.  I chose to be a nanny and I am not pursing teaching or any other career.  Lastly, no I am not a babysitter.  I say that because I am not 16 and I do not just watch the neighbor's kids for a few hours on Saturday.  (No offense to babysitters...I was one when I was 16 too)

I love doing crafts, baking, and going fun places with the kiddos.  For privacy reasons I will refer to the kiddos as Munchkin 1 and Munchkin 2.  Munchkin 1 is a 6 year old boy and Munchkin 2 is a 3 year old girl.  There will be MANY fun and interesting stories to follow about my life as a nanny :) Here are two recent Christmas activities  I did with the kids.

Homemade ornaments and handprint
Cookies!

Another thing about me is I am truly addicted to working out.  During the week I always swim at 6am before heading to work.  Weekends I do other cardio such as elliptical, bike, spin class... Occasionally I will add in some weights but I really am a cardio lover.  I have done two triathlons and would love to get more involved in them.  My husband often scolds me, but I have to be on my death bed to miss a day of working out! I just don't feel right without it!


1st Triathlon ever!

Beat my first time by 3:30


I even worked out on our honeymoon...every day!



Last big thing about me is that I love to bake and cook.  I greatly prefer baking over cooking though, it's just more fun.  I am sorry but you just cannot make soup look pretty! You sure can make cupcakes and cookies look pretty :)  My parents own a cookie bakery so I thinking baking is just in my blood.  I help out at the bakery from time to time, especially around the holidays when it is super busy.  For the most part I just like experimenting with recipes at home.  

Got a new KitchenAid mixer for Christmas!

I am a vegetarian and probably THE pickiest eater you will ever meet.  I like taking a recipe and tweaking it to make it fat free, sugar free, whole wheat, etc.  My husband has type 1 diabetes so I also love coming up with sugar free treats for him.  And I don't care what the scientists, nutritionists, doctors, or my mother say!! I LOVE splenda!!  To take a slight twist from the most famous nanny of all, "A spoon full of splenda makes the medicine go down." I use it in baking and in my coffee allll the time.  So if that is what is going to give me cancer, so be it.  

Tasty fat free brownies! Also, it's always more fun to bake 
while wearing a fun apron :)

That is all for now, hopefully I will continue posting.  My husband and I just got a new camera for Christmas, so we are having lots of fun taking pictures of basically everything! I will leave you with one of my favorite shots so far.  


Playing with Sadie in the snow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment